Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Some thoughts on my return from Asia...

Now they can leave me in peace,
     and grow use to my absence.

I m going to close my eyes.

I only want five things,
     five chosen roots.

One is endless love.

Two is to see the autumn.
I do not exist without leaves
     flying and falling to earth.

The third is the solemn winter,
     the rain I loved, the caress
          of fire in the rough cold.

My fourth is the summer,
     plump and ripe as tomatoes hanging on the vine.

And, fifth, your eyes.
I will not sleep without your eyes.
I will not exist but in your gaze.
Spring adjusts for you to follow me.

That is all I want.
Next to nothing, close to everything.

Because I ask for silence,
     don't think I am going to die.

The opposite is true,
     it happens I am going to live.

It's a question of having lived so much
     that I want to live that much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment