Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Climbed mountains, sailed the seas.
Jumped from aircraft, skied the slopes.
Fought in a foreign land, nursed my wounds.
Taken high risk chances, survived each one.
Now I face the biggest challenge of my life.

Pursued and loved wonderful women.
Ridden horses, slept beneath the stars.
Awed, humbled by the Milky Way.
Slept on the ground, and in the grandest hotels.
Now I face the biggest challenge of my life.

Crossed this country many times, lived overseas.
Participated in the birth of my beautiful daughter.
Buried my father and mother at their special place.
Scattered the ashes of my best friend and his loving wife 
     where the river meets the sea.
Now I face the biggest challenge of my life.

Now, 
     I decide where my journey takes me next.
     I learn who will join me there.
     My freedom will be complete.
     I live for Now.

My biggest challenge?

To live the life I create for me, 
     Unencumbered by those unable to live, love and commit.


No comments:

Post a Comment